plan your trip with our
free travel planner
In 1913, Father Victor van den Broeck, purchased the coveted site of Brooks Island in Lewistown for a new Church. Local workers used local bricks to construct an Italian basilica style with Romanesque style for the twin spires. The 1915 historic classification is called Romanesque Revival with predominantly Italian influences. The first Mass was celebrated on October 15, 1916 and the church was dedicated on November 12, 1916 by Bishop Mathias Lenihan.Our patron in Lewistown, Pope Saint Leo the Great, is depicted in a stained-glass window executed by Conrad Pickel Studios in 1953. A watercolor rendition of this fifth-century reformer, unifier and theologian stands superimposed in benediction over the ninety-five foot campanile tower of the historical Romanesque structure erected in 1915.
Sorry, there are no events listed for Lewistown at this time.
St. Leo's Catholic Church is located 1 block north of Highway 87 at Second Avenue North and Broadway.
contact the Central Montana Tourism Office
get a free travel planner
get our email newsletter
a to z business listings