Everyone loves a good ghost story, why not join us at the Highland Cemetery of Great Falls to learn a little more about some of the prominent members of the community?
The tours will be sponsored by the Paris Gibson Month Celebration Committee in cooperation with the City of Great Falls Park and Recreation Department. Each tour runs for approximately an hour and a half and will begin promptly at 1:00pm and 3:00pm.
Tickets can be purchased in advanced at the Great Falls Public Library (301 2nd Ave) and Kaufmans Menswear (411 Central Ave). There is limited space, please purchase your tickets in advance and arrive ~20 minutes before the tour.
Rather than relying strictly on area historians, we are going directly to the source - five of our thirteen storytellers are related to their subjects. Graves to be featured on the tour include:
* Paris Gibson, founder of Great Falls | Channing Hartelius
* George Washington Bird, early Great Falls Architect | Richard Baker (great grandson)
* George Montgomery, actor | Elliot Merja (nephew)
* Robert Cameron, Scottish serf turned pioneer entrepreneurial livestock man | David Cameron (grandson)
* Kenneth McIver, founder of Pioneer Dairy | Dirk Larsen
* Charles M. Russell, cowboy artist, & wife Nancy Russell | Mary Jane Bradbury
* Ralph Jones, fell off the stack | Darren Smith
* Robert Vaughn, founder of Vaughan, Montana | Cory Larsen (great nephew)
* Ronald Goodman Holt, world champion cowboy | Bob Bradley (nephew)
* Mary Little, early Great Falls woman entrepreneur | Shelby Smith
* H.P. Rolfe, early Great Falls surveyor | Ken Robinson
* Sgt. Royal A. Caulfield, WWI Hero | Dwight Smith
Tickets are $15 to ride, and $10 to walk. For further information contact Norma Ashby Smith, Tours Chairman, 406.453.7078.